To the east of the depot, a new junction was built taking westbound trains on to the extension through Platform 4. A second junction was added at the west side of the loop with the eastbound track running into a new tunnel and through Platform 3. This unusual configuration meant that the standard left-hand running was not possible through Wood Lane and a flyover was built north of the station to return the track to normal sides.
The new line was ready for inspection on 25th July 1920 and opened on 3rd August. In 1927
the White City Stadium was refurbished for greyhound and motor-cycle racing and further changes were made at Wood Lane station to cater for the additional passenger traffic. The old booking office was removed and replaced by passimeters, which had electrically operated machines, capable of issuing 20,000 tickets an hour and speeding up passenger flow.